Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Obsession with Media

I woke up this morning around 6:30am to the sound of the alarm on my cell phone. I then immediately turned on the T.V. to watch the news for about an hour as I lay there and proceeded to get up and get dressed. I went through my cell phone to see all of the 8 emails, 4 text messages, and 2 bbm's that I had received while sleeping and answered them accordingly. After turning off my TV I immediately put my Ipod earphones in my ear and listed to that for about an hour while I worked out. After I got back to my apartment I got on my computer to check facebook, turned on some music and go got ready for classes. While leaving to catch the bus I found myself turning my ipod back on and listened to it while riding the bus to campus and walking to class. I sent numerous text messages the entire time I was on my way to campus. I was free from media for the 55 minutes I was in class but then put my ipod right back in as I walked to the library. I used the computers at the library for about an hour. My mom called and I talked to her on my cell phone for about 15 minutes. I received a text from a friend to make plans to eat lunch and also responded to about 3 emails I had received in the short period of time that I was talking to my mom. During lunch I watched the USA play Iran in basketball in PC Dukes. Other than sporadic text messages and phone calls I did not encounter much media after lunch and when my next class started. After class I put my ipod back on and waited for the bus while I read the breeze, another form of media; still sporadically texting throughout the day. When I got home I turned on the TV to see what was on, nothing good. So I got on my computer and was on the Internet for most of the afternoon. Later that night I got in my car and turned on the radio as I went to get dinner. As I waited for my order I played Brick Breaker on my blackberry. Going home I listened to the radio more and when I arrived home I sat down with my food and turned on the television. I fell asleep with the T.V. on thinking, "I really do use  and come across an insane amount of media daily."

5 comments:

  1. Man, you use a heck of a lot of media. I think your going to have lots of fun trying to not use any media during the fast. Good luck to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think the fast might be difficult for you! I'm sure you can handle it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I have no idea who you are so if you want credit for these assignments I need your name.

    Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... Sorry!! I'm Marissa Blair. It's fixed, now my blogs will say posted by: my name :). Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, looks like we both use our cell phones and ipods for an insane amount of time every day! I know I definitely think it's crazy how much I'm on mine, I don't think I could live without them!!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete